Sierra’s Story

Sierra’s Story

I pulled a muscle playing soccer and brushed it off. The next day I was limping so bad I had to find an orthopedic doctor. They did an X-ray and found a mass on the outside of my femur and referred me to a surgeon, it ended up being cancer. This all started in 2016. I...
Koral’s Story

Koral’s Story

In 2014 I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. Had a complete removal. Then in 2016 I went in for a dnc and the doctor found cancer in my uterus and it started to spread. Had a complete hysterectomy and found out it was stage 3 endometrial cancer. Tried chemo and was...
Jennifer’s Story

Jennifer’s Story

June 2010 I was diagnosed with GBM Brain Cancer. Local doctors gave me 6 months at most to live. My family would not accept that! They got me to MD Anderson in Orlando, Florida. The specialist there immediately looked at my scans and said it was not GBM that It was...
Maritza’s Story

Maritza’s Story

On November 8, 2017 I was diagnosed with breast cancer stage 2 grade 3.  After finding out it was genetic braca 2 we found it had spread to my lymph nodes and I had 17 lymph nodes removed. In January 2018 I started chemo and in August 2018 I did radiation.  In April...
Tonya’s Story

Tonya’s Story

November 2018, while in the shower, I found a lump in my right breast. I went for a mammogram and they did an ultrasound and said it was a cyst. They sent me home said women later in life get these and they go away. I was relieved and didn’t really think about...
Hope’s Story

Hope’s Story

My story began when I was 15. I went to the doctor with a fever and they found my blood pressure was three digits over three digits. After rechecking several times, it was obvious something was wrong. I ended up at Vanderbilt. I had tumors in and around my adrenal...
Lee’s Story

Lee’s Story

As with all cancers my diagnosis was unexpected, sudden and without warning. I was healthy, at least I thought I was, and living a full and happy life. No symptoms at all until one night I had a massive bleed when passing water. I didn’t panic or even expect the worst...
Leslie’s Story

Leslie’s Story

About 6 months after I had my son I had appendicitis. It was treated with antibiotics and I was told I had a 75% chance of never getting sick again. I was part of that 25% that got sick again and found myself in and out of the hospital the next 10 months. Finally, I...
Heather’s Story

Heather’s Story

In July of 2017 on a long (8hr) flight home from North Africa (where we spend a lot of our summers), I began to experience a different and painful cramp, almost like a contraction. I began bleeding heavily and felt ill. I felt bewildered because I had my mensural...