Please read the following release and check the box at the bottom if you agree.
By submitting your story, photo, and/or other materials, you grant and enter into this Materials and Publicity Release ("Release") with Phoenix Reawakening LLC, a Wisconsin limited liability company ("Phoenix"). Phoenix owns and operates the CHOOSE HOPE website at https://www.choosehope.com (the "Site").
Terms and Conditions of the Release:
1. You warrant and represent that you are 21 years of age or older and that you are not subject to any restriction that forbids or prevents you from executing this Release.
2. You grant to Phoenix the right and permission to publish your name, your age, your depiction (i.e., any photograph, likeness, or audiovisual work you submit), your personal story including information about your health and your experiences as a cancer patient (collectively, your "Content").
3. Phoenix may publish your Content online at the Site or other web domains operated by Phoenix; through Phoenix-operated social media accounts; in print materials; and in any other format; all for purposes of advertising and trade. The foregoing constitutes a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, adapt, distribute, perform, and display your Content (the "License").
4. You are voluntarily choosing to submit your Content. Accordingly, you hereby irrevocably and perpetually release and discharge Phoenix, its principals, employees, agents, contractors, licensees, insurers, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands or causes of action relating to the use of your Content, including but not limited to claims for libel, slander, infringement of the right of publicity, invasion of privacy, violations of laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of personally identifiable information, data breach, portrayal in a false light, emotional distress, alteration, faulty mechanical reproduction, hacking and other actions of third parties, copyright, trademark and any other.
5. You understand and agree that you will have no right of approval and no right to compensation (monetary or otherwise) for Phoenix’ use of your Content.
6. As full and complete consideration for this Release: Phoenix agrees to make commercially reasonable efforts to remove your Content from the Site, upon your written request. You understand that it might not be possible to remove your Content from social media platforms.
7. If your Content contains the personal information of any third party and/or works of authorship owned by a third party (all such third parties being individually a "Third Party" and collectively, "Third Parties"), you warrant and represent that you are fully and duly authorized to grant the rights and the License conveyed to Phoenix herein. You will and hereby do indemnify Phoenix and its principals, employees, agents, contractors, licensees, insurers, successors and assigns from and against any and all damages, losses, claims, liabilities, obligations, commitments, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of your breach or alleged breach of this warranty.
8. Phoenix is under no obligation to post or publish your Content and, if published, Phoenix may remove your Content at any time in its sole discretion.
9. You acknowledge that you have read this Release, and that you understand it.
I agree to the release.